The 2017 Nov/Dec results were released on Friday, November 24, 2017. This is weeks earlier than the usually expected time of December.
The West African Examination Council has indicated that over 1,000 people had their results withheld due to suspicions of exam malpractice.
Investigations are still underway concerning those whose results have been withheld.
However, the provisional results of 117,306 candidates have been released and can be checked online.
Here are the steps to follow to check your 2017 Nov/Dec results online:
What you need:
i. WAEC Result checker card
ii. A computer connected to internet
iii. Your index number
What to do:
- Go to WAEC result checking the website at http://www.waecgh.org. (NB: 233livenews.com has found that that link currently does not work, https://ghana.waecdirect.org/, however, works perfectly!
- Enter your WAEC Examination Number (index number) in the required column.
- Select your Examination Year i.e. 2017.
- Select your Examination Type i.e. WASSCE (Private).
- Enter the Card Serial Number.
- Enter the Card PIN.
- Finally, click “Submit” button to get your 2017 Nov/Dec Result.
You should have something like this before clicking submit: