The premier league is back this weekend and our game for the week is none other that Liverpool vs. Manchester United.
One of the biggest and intense games of every Premier League season is Liverpool v Manchester United.
Last season, both sides failed to record a win against each other.
However, Manchester United, following their impressive performance so far this season, appear to have an upper hand over Liverpool.
- Liverpool have failed to beat Manchester United in six Premier League games since since a 3-0 victory at Old Trafford in March 2014 (D2, L4).
- United have won three of their past five league visits to Anfield (D1, L1), keeping clean sheets in the last two games.
- Liverpool have lost just one of the last 14 home games in all competitions (W8, D5).
- However, they have only one victory in their last seven league and cup matches (D4, L2).
- Defeat would leave Liverpool on 12 points from eight Premier League games, the same tally as when Brendan Rodgers was sacked in 2015-16.
- Jurgen Klopp has only lost once in seven competitive meetings with Jose Mourinho (W3, D3).
- Philippe Coutinho has registered nine goals and three assists in his last 12 Premier League games.
- A win on Saturday would give Manchester United a Premier League club record 22 points after eight games.
- They have kept 17 Premier League clean sheets in 2017, three more than any other side.
- United have also kept eight clean sheets in their last nine league games.
- Romelu Lukaku could become the first player to score eight goals in his first eight Premier League games for Manchester United.
- However, Lukaku has just one goal in his last seven games against Liverpool, failing to register a shot on target in five of those matches.
- Marcus Rashford has recorded five goals and four assists in his last 10 appearances.
Date: Saturday, 14th October, 2017
Time: 12:30pm BST
Venue: Anfield, Liverpool
Referee: Martin Atkinson