President Akufo-Addo named 11 nominees on Thursday, bringing the number of appointees to 36.
The following is the list of the ministerial nominees:
1. Mustapha Hamid is Minister-designate for Information and remains Spokesperson for the President.
2. Minister for Planning – Prof. Gyan Baffour (MP for Wenchi). According to President Akufo-Addo, he will complement the role of the National Development Planning Commission.
3. Minister of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts is the Member of Parliament for Evalue-Ajomoro-Gwira constituency, Catherine Ablema Afeku.
4. Minister for Special Development Initiative will be the Member of Parliament for Awutu Senya East, Mavis Hawa Koomson.
5. Minister for Youth and Sports – Isaac Asiamah (MP for Atwima Mponua)
6. Minister for Fisheries and Aquaculture – Elizabeth Afoley Quaye (MP for krowor)
7. Minister for Cheiftaincy and Religious Affairs – Kofi Dzamesi
8. Minister for Aviation – Cecelia Dapaah
9. Minister for Inner City and Zongo Development – Abubakar Boniface Siddique
10. Minister of Business Development – Awal Mohammed
11. Minister for Parliamentary Affairs – Majority Leader and MP for Suame, Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu.
The President explained during the announcement Thursday that the nominees who would be heading the new ministries would be working from the Office of the Presidency.
He said they would be depending on the budget earmarked for the Office of the President to conduct their operations in the country.