1. AAA Driver Training School: 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 29, AAA Branch, 355 Providence Highway, Norwood. AAA Northeast is conducting 30 hours of classroom instruction approved by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles for students to get their driver’s licenses. For information: 1-888-222-1050; aaa.com/drivertraining.
2. VFW New Year’s Eve Party: 7 p.m. Dec. 31, Norwood VFW Post, 193 Dean St., Norwood. The evening will include a prime rib dinner, party favors, a 50/50 raffle and a champagne toast to welcome in the New Year. Music will be provided by a D.J. Cocktails will be served from 7 to 8 p.m., appetizers 8 to 9 p.m., dinner at 9 p.m. and dancing until 1 a.m. Cost: $30. For information: 781-762- 6910.
3. Blood Pressure Screening: 11 a.m. to noon Jan. 1, Benchmark Senior Living, 40 Clapboardtree St., Norwood. Monthly blood pressure screening provided by the Walpole Area Visiting Nurses Association.Free.
4. The National Alliance for Mental Illness: 6 p.m. Jan. 5, Riverside Clubhouse, 595 Pleasant St., Norwood. The South Norfolk Alliance is composed of families who find mutual support and join together to advocate for their loved ones with mental illnesses. NAMI participants are invited to a light dinner followed by a combined meeting with Clubhouse participants. In case of inclement weather, the group will align with the Norwood schools. If they close, the meeting will be cancelled. For information: 508-668-2941.
5. Women’s Health Seminar: Pre-pregnancy Planning: 6 to 7 p.m. Jan. 11, Norwood Hospital, 800 Washington St., Norwood. In the Abraham-Sieracki Conference Room at Norwood Hospital. Local Obstetrician Dr. Alice Shen will discuss preparing for a healthy pregnancy, including good nutrition, fitness programs, immunization, vitamin supplements and ovulation. A light supper will be provided. For information: 781-278-6024.