President John Mahama has nominated eight (8) new Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives (MMDCEs) and sacked seven (7) others in accordance with Article 243(1) of the 1992 Constitution and Section 20(1) of the Local Government Act 1993, Act 462.
According to a statement issued by the Flagstaff House on Wednesday December 31, the eight nominees include, Mr. Frank Pratt who will be headed for Abura- Asebu- Kwamankese. Madam Margaret Ansei has also been appointed to head Suhum Municipal.
The new DCE nominee for Nkwanta South is Mr. Alfred Kofi Wukanya while Lawrence Ackah Santana is nominee for Sefwi Wiawso.
The others are, Aboore Adongo Phillip for Bolgatanga and Magnus Jacob Yama Tampuri for East Mamprusi.
Alfred Donkor has been nominated for the Kpandai municipality while Apraku LArtey will head for Tano North.
Meanwhile the President has removed seven (7) serving MMDCEs from office. They are;
1. Anthony Klokpa (Ada West)
2. Kwadwo Nyame Datiakwa (Kintampo South)
3. Imoro Adams (East Mamprusi)
4. Jasper Jato Maoyi (Kpandai)
5. Derek Ohene Asifo (Upper West Akim)
6. Stephen Baidoo (Wassa Amenfi East)
7. Moses Adae Fofie (Sene West)