Tragedy hit Appolonu, a farming Community near Half Assini when a local coconut oil manufacturer fell into the hot oil he was boiling, resulting in his death later.
A Police spokesman from Half Assini, who pleaded anonymity, made this known to the Ghana News Agency at Half Assini.
According to him on Thursday, 19th March 2015, the deceased, Francis Anlimah was boiling some quantity of oil at the outskirt of the Village when the incident occurred.
The spokesman said in the process, Mr Anlimah who hails from Bonyere suddenly fell in the oil on the fire, resulting in some of the oil pouring into the fire, starting a big flame, which burnt the hut he was working under.
He said the burning hut attracted some neighbours to the scene, who rescued Anlimah from the fire, but he died on the way to the Assini government hospital.
His body has been deposited at the mortuary of the hospital while police investigations continue.