Final Year SHS Student Drinks Poison Over School Fees

PoisonA 19-year-old boy who became a dropout at his final year at Senior High School (SHS) has shockingly consumed a bottle of poison to end his life.

The victim (name withheld), a native of Gyakye-Enuaso, tried taking his life because he could not complete SHS and further his education.

He therefore saw no reason living, hence his shocking decision of gulping a liquid substance believed to be poison to kill himself.

The contents of a letter let by the boy indicated that without education he could not achieve his ambitions in life, so he decided to die prematurely.

Luckily, the SHS dropout who was staying with his ailing grandfather at Gyakye-Enuaso was eventually seen lying motionless.

His grandfather then raised alarm, drawing people to the scene that helped to rescue the young boy.
The depressed-looking mother of the victim, Akua Kyerewaa, 35, said the entire family was alarmed over the incident.

She said due to financial quagmire, she decided to travel to Accra for greener pastures, leaving his boy under the care of her father.

According to her, life had been extremely difficult for her in Accra, a situation which made it impossible for her to foot her boy’s school bills.

Kyerewaa said her boy owed GH¢870, an amount she could not produce presently due to her financial situation.

She told Daily Guide that her father who was helping in paying the boy’s school fees was also incapacitated now.

This development, Kyerewaa said, made it impossible for the family to settle the debt owed by her son in school.

Kyerewaa said her son whom she described as “intelligent” was eventually dropped out of school at her final year level.

Sad about his predicament, the school dropout on Monday around 4 pm entered a room and drank a bottle of poison.

He left a letter behind explaining his shocking decision of ending his life but was luckily saved at the last minute by people around after his grandfather raised an alarm.

Kyerewaa said palm kernel oil was forced into the throat of the boy who vomited the poison in his system minutes later.

The boy was then rushed to the hospital for medication and reports gathered indicated he was responding to treatment.

Loading...

Source: Daily Guide

Leave a Reply

x

Check Also

Family of 4 Die After Concoction Treatment

A concoction which was said to be a cure for all kinds of ailments and ...