President John Mahama has announced his first ministerial reshuffle barely a month after appointing them into office.
The reshuffle which was contained in the statement is to ensure that Regional Ministers “focus mainly on the political and technical coordination of the development efforts of MMDAs, and as a measure to foster national unity, integration and cohesion, the President has effected the following Ministerial reshuffle”
The following is the full statement.
Part of the vision of the administration of His Excellency JOHN DRAMANI MAHAMA, President of the Republic of Ghana, is to transform the Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) into
incubators and realisers of local level development that brings real, immediate and sustainable development opportunities, benefits and services to the people of Ghana.
In line with this vision, in order for Regional Ministers to focus mainly on the political and technical coordination of the development efforts of MMDAs, and as a measure to foster national unity, integration and cohesion, the President has effected the following Ministerial reshuffle:
1. The Ashanti Regional Minister, MR. SAMUEL SARPONG, moves to the Central Region.
2. The Brong Ahafo Regional Minister, MR. ERIC OPOKU, moves to the Ashanti Region.
3. The Central Regional Minister, MR. EBENEZER KWADWO TEYE ADDO, moves to the Western
4. The Eastern Regional Minister, MR. JULIUS DEBRAH, moves to the Greater Accra Region.
5. The Greater Accra Regional Minister, NII LARYEA AFOTEY AGBO, moves to the Volta Region.
6. The Upper East Regional Minister, DR. EPHRAIM AVEA NSOH, moves to the Upper West
7. The Upper West Regional Minister, MR. BEDE ANWATAAZUMO ZIEDENG, moves to the Northern Region.
8. The Volta Regional Minister, MRS. HELEN NTOSO, moves to the Eastern Region.
9. The Western Regional Minister, MR. PAUL EVANS AIDOO, moves to the Brong Ahafo Region.
10. Minister of State at the Presidency, Alhaji Limuna Mohammed Muniru, moves to the Upper East as Ag. Regional Minister.
DR. RAYMOND A. ATUGUBA
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO THE PRESIDENT